Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

Wow, The MyBlogLog Guys Have Done It Again

I introduced MyBlogLog to everyone here back in early June, with the "I Want My FVB!" table of visitors on the left. I believe a company like MBL could herald a new age of social networks, social media, social surfing and social commerce that is distributed across thousands of domains (a Social Internet) instead of residing in walled gardens like MySpace (a Social Intranet). The network effects of such a platform boggles the mind.

While some could mistake MBL for a tools company with neat widgets, their latest app demonstrates just one more way that a Social Internet is a fundamental shift. I've gotten my hands on MBL's super secret, super cool Comment Faces function (alpha Blogger version) -- putting faces right next to every comment on my blog. Now, to be honest, comments are only recently beginning to tick up here so the larger impacts are still to come. But, what does this provide and where can it go?

What it provides is a face and a clickable profile behind every comment, flame and opinion expressed at FVB. You already had MY face and profile, but this unlocks true conversations among those who visit. Where it can go is to group comments (for those who want it) across the Social Internet from a single commenter -- providing even more perspective and context for our conversations. It can also provide a much easier way for commenters to track/continue the conversations they've engaged in across the Social Internet without wasted revisits to the commented sites. All of this MBL function isn't there today and may not even be part of the plan, but I think this is where it should go -- making the blogosphere easier, more personal and more useful.

A handful of those who have already joined FVB are below (thanks FVBers). If you haven't already joined MyBlogLog and the FVB community please do so now. If I know who is listening, I'll do a better job of sharing things you care about. There is also just a fun rush seeing your face on a site or comment -- try it and I think you'll love it!

Labels:

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Comments (1)

Blogger Lee said...

I'll admit it, I just wanted to see my face here... :)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment


<< Home