Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

My Year of Firsts: Skydiving, Half-Marathon, Now What?

skydiveAny of you that are friends via Facebook or Twitter may have seen that I started the year with my first skydive.  It was a once in a lifetime experience I'd recommend for everyone.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I ran my first half-marathon.  One of my entrepreneurs (Ted Murphy) and I chose Gainesville's Five Points of Life Race Weekend as a joint training goal.  half marathonI'm happy to say that my half-marathon went better than I expected (beat my goal by 5min) and it was sure nice sharing the experience with my wife, my girls, Ted and his better half Tara.  As you'll see in the video below I snagged from Ted, he also finished strong, completing his first marathon. Congrats buddy!

Following the race, my wife asked how I was going to follow-up January and February, with another "first" in March.  That's a good question.  Via twitter I've received ideas as varied as running the bulls, ballroom dancing, and hiking the Appalachian Trail.  However, it's gotta be something I can squeeze into weekends.  What do you think, if I could knock off a "first" each month this could definitely be a year to remember!  Ideas please...also, please don't call this my "bucket list" -- I am getting old, but give a guy a break...

Labels: , , , , ,

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend