Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

Coming Full Circle to Apple?

apple iiMy technology love affair really bloomed when my parents brought home an Apple II and the empowerment of its BASIC interpreter.

I progressed to an Apple II+, Apple IIc and got through college with an Apple IIGS and its color ribbon printer.

ibm pcThen IBM hired me and I did more with computers and programming than I'd ever done before -- all on a PC. Since that time I have stuck with PCs because I'm an application addict -- downloading freeware by the buckets and generally hosing my system every couple years.

Now comes my next decision point and many of the applications I play with come through the browser. A Mac with an Internet Operating System and web applications galore could be a nice combination, right? apple macIs this the point at which I come home to Apple?

How many of you have made the switch either way, and why?

UPDATE: Jason provided a nice summary of why he's Apple all the way now -- it's surprising how the proprietary hooks between iPods/Macs/iPhones can have such a profound impact on folks who typically rally behind non-proprietary, Open platforms. Go figure...

Labels: , , , , , ,

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Comments (2)

Blogger me said...

I've been an Apple user since the Apple IIe and I'll never give up my Mac for one of those other things. I even worked there in the 90s.

Long live the Macs and all the people who love them. Yes, they do live long and sometimes that is unfortunate because people like to compare their 1997 and 1998 models to the windows ick today and then trade in because they think that windows is so much faster when it's not.

People - go to a local apple store and check them out before making a hasty decision that will make you hate computers for the rest of your lives.

Yes, why is it that mac people absolutely love their computers while people with windows only tolerate their own machines.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a mac user all along. I do break down and use PC's when necessary.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment


<< Home