Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

SEOmoz: SEO Expert Quiz

I've gotten to know Rand Fishkin a little bit and I'm impressed with his evolution of SEOmoz. The site looks very different than when I first found SEOmoz, bursting with search engine nuggets, entertaining blog posts, SEO tools and premium content -- all within an elegant design.

I'm no SEO expert so I won't claim Rand's intel is any better than others, but he's got plenty of it. So much good stuff, in fact, that even his Premium Member signups are growing quickly -- in a world overflowing with free "SEO expert" advice, that's an impressive feat.

I haven't blogged about SEOmoz before, but their 75-question seoquiz caught my attention today (kudos to Jeff Pollard & Scott Willoughby who put it together). It is both entertaining and informative for beginner and expert SEO topics -- particularly post-test when correct answers are explained. Here was my seoquiz result:
I'm surprised I got a 73% on the quiz, SEO Professional, and missed SEO Master by just a couple bone-head answers -- as I said, I'm no SEO guru. If you try it out, let me know how you do...

Related images: seomoz, rand fishkin, yellow pumas, jeff pollard, scott willoughby

Labels: , , , , , ,

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Comments (4)

Blogger Qian said...

Dan, thanks for the fun quiz. I only got a 62%, mainly due to not knowing the specific features of the various search engines. Apparently I'm a total "SEO Novice." Oh the shame. It's nice that they provide the correct answers with good explanations after the quiz. The site itself does indeed have a lot of good info as well. Well worth a bookmark.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAh 86% and here i was going to try and show you up with 100%

8:38 PM  
Blogger VC Dan said...

86% - nice!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous San Diego Web Designer said...

Unfortunately the site / test results / score no longer resolves and computes the results, at least in firefox, cause I tried it twice in Mozilla. Haven't tried in internet explorer, but it wasn't working a few weeks ago

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment


<< Home