Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

blogorlando 2007: I hope I can sneak in...

blogorlandoOK, so after talking up blogorlando 2007 to every blogger (and some sponsors) I could find in the area, I find myself locked out of registration. My bad for waiting too long to make my attendance official. It's scheduled for this Thu-Sat, Sept. 27-29, at Rollins College (with bookend social events at Universal CityWalk and Disney/EPCOT). Well, I'm coming anyway and hope to just blend in like the zombie kid at a turtle-lovers convention.

I attended blogorlando 2006 and came away impressed by its "unconference" feel -- very free-wheeling and in-the-trenches informative. This year's schedule is even better with a keynote from Shel Israel and jam-packed session tracks for PR/Marketing, Media, Technical and Life/Local.

Kudos to blogorlando organizer Josh Hallett (Hyku) and I'm really pumped that one of my portfolio companies (PayPerPost) is sponsoring such a great event. If you already knew about and registered for blogorlando, I hope to see you there. If you're interested but not registered, maybe we can storm the gates together -- assuming there are no tazers around...

Related images: blogorlando, rollins college, shel israel, josh hallett, universal citywalk, disney epcot

Labels: , , , , , ,

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Comments (5)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, you're on the 'guest list' :-) See you on Friday.

4:47 PM  
Blogger VC Dan said...

sweeeet! Have a good time Thursday at CityWalk and I look forward to seeing you Friday Josh!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan Price said...

Dan, are you still around? are you coming to the happy hour? let's talk

5:18 PM  
Blogger Ryan Price said...

So sorry we missed each other. I heard you were in my session and stepped out to answer your phone. I understand.

Hope to see you on a return trip to O-town.

7:07 PM  
Blogger VC Dan said...

me too...your session was a good one..prompting plenty more to discuss. I will ping you in advance of a future ORL swing!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment


<< Home