Florida Venture Blog by Dan Rua dan

No-BS Venture Thoughts for No-BS Entrepreneurs.

A running perspective on Florida's growing tech and venture community, with an occasional detour to the Southeast/national scene, venture capital FAQs and maybe a gadget or two....

By Dan Rua, Managing Partner of Inflexion Partners -- "Florida's Venture Fund".

Blog260, the Weekend-Lover's Blog365

BLOG260I've seen a couple posts recently about Blog365, a group of bloggers committing themselves to blog every single day of the year (actually Feb 29 is a Blog365 day of rest). I really like the idea and should probably join in.

However, I know myself too well. I get too much enjoyment from my family and my venture investing to give myself zero blogging cushion. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy blogging, interacting with readers and connecting with other bloggers -- it's just a matter of setting realistic goals for 2008. It's going to be a big year on multiple fronts.

Therefore, I've decided to start my own group of one, BLOG260, focused on posting at least 5 times a week. That will likely protect my weekends, but also provide some flexibility for high-travel weeks etc.

If I'm successful, what will this mean for FVB readers? More posts and probably a wider variety of posts. I'm sure plenty of them will be shorter -- somewhere between Twitter length and my typical blog posts. I'm hoping more posts will also mean more comments, allowing for more dialogue instead of monologue.

What do you think of this idea? Could you do Blog365 or is BLOG260 more realistic? If you go the BLOG260 route, blog about it and let me know in the comments -- I'll update this post with a list of participating blogs.

Oh, and belated Happy New Year -- I've already got some catch-up posts to do! ;-)

Labels: , , ,

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Comments (3)

Blogger Qian said...

More posts are always good and will probably create some nice conversations here. Once thing I noticed on both Brad Feld and Fred Wilson's blogs is that when they switched to intense debate and disqus, respectively, the number of comments went up on both blogs. I think being able to see the comment as soon as it's posted helps to create conversations. And both disqus and intense debate seem pretty good at keeping comment spam out. Perhap you might consider one of them or something similar?

11:17 AM  
Blogger VC Dan said...

yes, qian, I noticed that as well re:disqus. I'm looking into those in 2008. I'm hoping one of them will work, while also providing indexable content (as opposed to javascript conversations that never reach SEs)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Social Citizen said...

Good idea, giving yourself some cushion room. I'll look forward to reading your posts.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment


<< Home